It took me multiple trips to my nutritionist to believe that food can actually help heal your body. Since then, I’ve been on the lookout for recipes that can help me better my life. Thank the heavens for Martine Cajucom who conveniently shared her immunity booster wellness shot recipe—because sharing is caring.
Immunity Boosting Wellness Shot
1. Slice the lemon and half and squeeze directly on your cup. Make sure you get all the pulp!
2. Mix in half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
3. Add three drops of oregano oil
4. Add a dash of cayenne pepper
5. You can opt to add ginger (minced, juiced, or boiled) if you want extra anti-inflammatory properties
6. Shots, shots, shots!
Turmeric and ginger are both known as an anti-inflammatory, it is believed to help prevent (and some say even cure) cancer and Alzheimer’s disease, so be sure to add this to your diet as often as you possibly can. Oregano oil, on the other hand, has anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. Now it makes sense when my grandmother makes me drink boiled oregano leaves when I start coughing. Lastly, cayenne pepper is known to stimulate circulation and help with acidity.
Do you want all of these benefits? Best to take this before breakfast, but be sure to check with your doctor first as it may vary per person.
Photos courtesy of Martine Cajucom’s Instagram account