Every year, our table is always filled with leftovers from last night’s noche buena. A plate of ham or turkey here, a few slices of quezo de bola there—it’s a lot of food, basically and it’ll take a while before we finish all of them.
Aside from eating them with rice, we have another quick solution: a ham and quezo de bola sandwich. It’s easy to do and it’s a yummy snack made from your noche buena leftovers. See how it’s done below.
Oh, and Merry Christmas!
Christmas Ham and Quezo De Bola Sandwich
View this post on Instagram
Do you have a fridge filled with #Christmas leftovers? Particularly some ham and queso de bola? 🍖 🧀 Worry not, we're sharing a super easy merienda recipe! 🍞🥙 #PreenRecipes | Thanks to our team: @niccosantoss @nimu_muallam @oliviasylvia @jcqlnbvr @juanabe.r @jacquedeborja 👏🏼
Quezo de bola
1. Prepare and slice the ham, cheese, and pandesal.
2. Spread whole-grain mustard on one side of the pandesal. This will give the sandwich a tangy flavor.
3. Place the ham on top of the mustard. You can also heat up the ham in the toaster beforehand.
4. Place the cheese on the other side.
5. Close the sandwich and enjoy!
Photo and video by Nicco Santos